Issue 69 of popular STAND will go on sale ahead of Rovers’ South Yorkshire derby against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday. This is the penultimate issue of the current season and will be available, as ever, for only £1.
Inside this 40 page issue of the fanzine you’ll find…
- Miller Time; an interview with former Rovers captain and current club chaplain Barry Miller
- The Bernard Glover Diaries; a look back at January to March
- Jack the Miner’s Coalface; Acknowledging a maligned Rovers ‘hero’
- The Belles, The Belles; a preview of Doncaster Rovers Belles’ 2014 season
- Just a Pub Team; social stratification and football supporters in Doncaster
- A Thing About Rugby; Kerrang! editor James McMahon on connecting with family through The Dons
- Dick Watson, Private Eye; Major shareholder by day, super sleuth by night
- Blowing My Own Trumpet; a look at ludicrous Championship finances
- Spotted! current and ex Rovers players out and about
- Evans Watch; because you have to keep an eye on him
- Voice of the Pop Side; Norman of the Rovers and the dramatic end to the 1898-99 season
- Memorable Memorabilia; a lucky Billy Sharp football sticker
- Easy for Dennis; this issue Dennis Peacock breaks down Game Theory.
- Windmills of Your Mind; looking back at Rovers’ abandoned matches
- Wayne’s Lucky Scarf; a memorable early trip to Belle Vue
- Hitting the Bottle; a campaign for football’s forgotten victims
- Reg Ipsa, Legal Beagle; your problems addressed by our legal expert
- Seasons in Retrospect; the penultimate part of our look back at 1974-75
Where to Buy
The fanzine can be purchased from the South East statue, the South Stand turnstiles and the South West corner of the Keepmoat Stadium from around 1:30pm, and from the West Stand, north end turnstiles from about 2pm until kick-off. Provided we don’t sell out before the game copies will also be available from the entrance of Car Park 2 straight after the match. If my wittering directions are not clear enough, then have a look at this handy map we drew up.