Barnsley 1-1 Doncaster Rovers: 250 word match report
I don’t particularly like football. I often find it mind numbingly boring, predictable (especially Barnsley at home) and the politics that surround it completely turns me off.
However, I did enjoy watching Doncaster Rovers on Tuesday, which must mean your lot were half decent.
I was struck by a few things:
1. Richie Wellens is a fantastic footballer, one I could watch all day. Elegant and controlling – just how I like my women.
2. That Bennett lad was a handful all game and caused us plenty of problems.
3. Curtis Main looks like an extra from He-Man.
4. How refreshing it was to watch a side try and play football properly. Midfielders interchanging positions, short sharp passes and quick breaks with purpose.
5. I was never worried you’d get a second.
6. Andy Butler scares me.
You completely controlled the game after twenty minutes, had a few chances Ross Turnbull was more than equal to, but were quicker, stronger and more arsed than us. The biggest disappointment if I were a Rovers fan would be that with a little more of a gamble you could’ve snatched all three points.
We were poor – sluggish, terrible in possession with gaps throughout our midfield. Another striker in and I’ve no doubt you’d have got the second which otherwise never looked like coming.
Keep Wellens and Bennet fit then top ten or play-off place isn’t out of the question. Something which, considering the pre-season you had, I’m sure many would take.