popular STAND fanzine – issue 83 on sale at Doncaster Rovers v Yeovil
Now the season can start properly; the almost award-winning popular STAND fanzine is back. Part of the Doncaster Rovers landscape since 1998, the original ‘by the fans, for the fans’ publication returns, with another packed 40 pages on Rovers, football and everything in between. All for just a minimum price of £1.
Issue 83 of popular STAND will be on sale this coming Saturday ahead of, and after, Rovers home game with Yeovil Town. Here’s what you’ll get for your quid.
- The Bernard Glover Diaries – catching you up on Rovers’ summer
- Spotted – current and ex Rovers seen out and about
- Voice of the Pop Side – John Coyle looks at the FA’s ‘whole game solution’
- Follows the Rovers – Whatever happened to Kevin Hulme?
- Remembering the First Time – Dan Nice looks back on a 1992 trip to Walsall
- Marshall Matters – Apprehensions over a return to the League’s basement.
- Go Away! – An indispensable (with a focus on the dispensable) guide to Rovers’ upcoming away games.
- How to be a Tosser on a Match Day – A handy guide to help you nail it.
- Beneath the Statue –Euro 2016 as experienced by a Wales fan in dreamland
- The Art of War – Football; it’s just a modern form of combat.
- Euro Tweety Sixteen – Euro 2016 as viewed by Rovers players on twitter
- Jack the Miner’s Coal Face – Are new League teams really a breath of fresh air?
- Howard’s Marks – Howard’s League Two reconnaissance takes him to Grimsby
- Gary Brabin Memorial Lounge – the warmest of welcomes for Mathieu Baudry
- For Peat’s Sake – The travails of supporting England at Euro 2016
- The Belles, The Belles – An update on their summer in FAWSL1
- Conference Calls – Chris Kidd’s series remembers Justin Jackson
- Windmills of Your Mind – a statistical summary of Rovers 2015-16 season.
- A Stroll Down Bennetthorpe – Remembering an oft-overlooked Doncaster landmark
- Reg Ipsa: Legal Beagle – your problems, not really answered
- The Shirt Locker – Remembering classic Rovers kits, starting with 1982-84
All that plus a number of extra features, including Bernard Glover’s Believe it or Not, League Two Cats and Hayter’s Gonna Hate. Basically, we’re spoiling you. Again and again.
You’ll find the fanzine on sale outside the Keepmoat Stadium from around 1:30pm until kick-off on Saturday, at the statue near the lake, near the Belle Vue bar, and, depending on available sellers, outside the turnstiles at the South Stand, and the north end of the West Stand. We will also be selling the fanzine at the entrance to Car Park 2 from just after the final whistle. If for any reasons you can’t find the ‘zine on sale when you get to the ground, simply tweet us and we’ll let you know where to find us.