popular STAND fanzine 86 on sale at Doncaster Rovers vs Crewe
Top of the league, playing at home, what could make Saturday even better? How about a new fanzine to read at half-time? Well, assuming you grunted some kind of agreement just then, you’re in luck. The now actual bloody award-winning fanzine is back, with issue 86 of popular STAND on sale at Doncaster Rovers’ home match with Crewe Alexandra on Saturday.
Where can I buy it?
All being well we should have four people braving the cold to sell you copies of issue 86 of the fanzine outside the stadium before Rovers vs Crewe Alexandra. From around 1:30pm until 2:50pm we’ll be in position at the following locations; beneath the statue on the path from the lake, by the Belle Vue bar,outside the South Stand turnstiles, and near West Stand turnstiles 15-18. If we’ve not sold out before kick-off you’ll also have the opportunity to buy a copy after the match at the entrance to car-park two.
What’s in it?
We’re back up ton 40 packed pages in this edition of the fanzine including:
- Editorial – on Graham Taylor and decency in football
- The Bernard Glover Diaries – a run through the last eight weeks
- In Off the Post Bag – we’ve actually had some letters
- Marshall Matters – Rovers season so far assessed
- Go Away – Your guide to Rovers away games in February
- Howard’s Marks – A trip to the seaside and Whitby Town
- Voice of the Pop Side – Chris Balderstone’s unique double
- Follows the Rovers – Alan Bennett’s Rovers support revealed
- Coach’s Corner – TACTICAL SHOUTING!
- For Peat’s Sake – On football and television
- Conference Calls – Dave Penney in the spotlight
- Remembering the First Time – Dan McKay in the autumn of 1997
- Hayter’s Gonna Hate – what makes an ex-Rover furious
- Jack the Miner’s Coal Face – On FIFA’s faffing with the rules
- Lazarus Comes Forth – should teams have a perceived level?
- Spotted! – More Rovers players out and about
- In the Bleak Midwinter – Tales of unheralded snow clearance
- Gary Brabin’s Memorial Lounge – Maybe James won’t play for Rovers
- Bernard Glover’s Believe it or Not
- Beneath the Statue – It’s time to stop fearing the worst
- Waugh, Huh, Yeah – Seven things that might improve football
- Donny R’sonists Digest – The supporters’ team are back in action
- Windmills of Your Mind – Dutch Uncle’s life as a Rover
- Reg Ipsa – Your problems sort of answered
- Trump on Rovers – The President is back making Doncaster great again
Why should I buy it?
It is only £1. It’s completely independent and written by fellow Rovers fans, for the enjoyment of all Rovers fans. And, all profits go to local charities in Doncaster so at the very least you’re supporting good cause in your town. So if you can pay more than £1 please do, it’d be very welcome.